{REVIEW} Hair Transformation At Naoki Yoshihara By Ash

08:38:00 0 Comments A+ a-

Looking To Change Your Hairstyle?

In this post, I'm gonna share with you all about a hair transformation experience I went through 2 weeks ago at Naoki Yoshihara By ASH. Be sure to read on!

I have always wished every day could be a "GOOD HAIR DAY" when I'm out, BUT sad to say, due to many factors - such as the humid climate in Singapore - it's tough to keep my hair looking good without much styling.  
I've had straight hair for the longest time, but it is tough to manage because my hair condition was not good as a result of over-usage  of "chemicals" the last time. I thought that if I were to go for a perm, I would look better, adding "volume" to my fine and lumpy hair.  This was the advice given to me by a salon stylist I visited last month.


Photo of my "permed" hair  2 months ago

But the resultant curls did not turn out the way I "visualised" and my hair ends became dry even though I do my own treatments at home!
As perming also involves the use of hair chemicals, there's already some damage. The thought of straightening the back of my hair evaporated. I had no choice but to accept and embrace the look for the moment.

When I met up with my friend Ning a few weeks back for coffee, I complained to her about my hair condition. She recommended me to the Japanese hair salon Naoki Yoshihara where she works. 

Ning helped me to seek advice and help from the stylist. By coincidence, Naoki Yoshihara's creative director from Japan was here.  I was thinking whether my hair could still be "saved" as its condition was so bad that some salon stylists did not even encourage me to do anything to it!
After some hair analysis by the creative director, Masa San said my hair could still be treated, but straightening my hair again would be a better option for me as I have a slight natural curl in my hair roots. He added that I should touch up my hair color as well. 

I decided to put my faith in him and the Japanese hairstyling method.

So let me first show you more pictures of the salon, before the start of my hair transformation!

Super eye-catching shopfront!
View of the salon's interior!
Dressing-table styled seats
Magazine rack for browsing
Shiseido hair products

The Progress Of My Hair Transformation

My damaged hair had to be snipped off by an inch!
Applying hair treatment & straightening cream!

Ironing my hair!
Tada! Hair ironing done!
Preparing to touch up my hair color!
Hair coloring process!
Wrap to enable the hair color to be absorbed faster!
Preparing to wash after 30mins...

After the wash and normal blow dry with dryer!

Thank God! My hair was still in place after the entire process! The color of my hair ends was toned down and my hair didn't turn out brittle, unlike my permed hair before. 

After this was done, Mr Masa said he would style my hair just like that of Japanese models featured in fashion magazines! 

This was the style picked by him from the magazine!

After Styling

Hair makeover done!

Back view of my hair!

Side view!

Mr Masami Kuramochi & Me! 


I'm so happy and proud to share with  all of you my new "Japanese" hairstyle by the creative hair director - Masami Kuramochi of Naoki Yoshihara By Ash !

I feel alive again with my "reborn" hair! The experience that I had at Naoki Yoshihara was fabulous and their service was very good!

A big "Thank You" to Ning for the recommendation, Mr Iwai San (owner of Naoki Yoshihara By ASH) and my "magician" cum creative hair director - Mr Masa!

In retrospect, I'm glad I gave Naoki Yoshihara a chance to restore my damaged hair!
If you are having problems like me, fret not. You can approach Naoki's stylists for consultation and they are all trained and certified by the founder of Ash (Naoki Yoshihara) in Japan.

Where To Locate Them? 

Check out the salon at the address below:
177 River Valley Road

  • Liang Court
  •  #02-15/16 
  • Singapore 179030
  • Tel: 6333 5662

  • Thanks for reading! Will keep you all posted on my next adventure soon!



Love,

Pinkie~